The Web3Inbox SDK provides a toolkit for integrating Web3 notification features into apps. Web3Inbox can be used to send notifications from your app directly to wallets.
This SDK utilizes WalletConnect's Notify API and is designed for Web3 scenarios, providing event-based notifications for activities like DAO votes, DeFi transaction alerts, and updates for NFT holders. Apps can send notifications to subscribed accounts, and users can receive and view their notifications in a supporting wallet, in the Web3Inbox.com app, or in the app's frontend. Users can also discover Notify-compatible apps in their wallet or the Web3Inbox.com app to subscribe to.
The Web3Inbox SDK is not to be confused with the Web3Inbox.com app which allows users to receive and manage their notifications from all apps, as they would in a wallet.
Web3Inbox can be added to your app in a few steps:
- Setup your project to send authenticated notifications.
- Use our frontend SDK to enable users to subscribe to notifications in your app.
- Finally, use our API in your backend to send notifications to subscribed users.
Some of the key features of the Web3Inbox SDK include:
- Device push notifications: Push notifications to the user's wallet (if it supports Notify API) or the Web3Inbox.com app.
- Notification history: Notifications are stored and can be accessed from any device.
- Spam protection/subscription control. Using notification types, subscribers can opt-out of certain notification types they do not want to receive.
How do users receive notifications?
Users can receive notifications in several ways:
- In your app's frontend using our frontend SDK
- In the Web3Inbox.com app which supports push notifications and can be installed to the user's phone
- Natively in their wallet if the wallet supports Notify API.
Users can subscribe to notifications in your frontend, and if you are a featured app then users can subscribe in the Web3Inbox.com App or a supporting wallet.
Try it out
See the demo section for sample apps and the Web3Inbox universal inbox app.
Was this helpful?